Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Door With a Star

So I finished the Barn door that my customer wanted a star cut into.  Man I wish all my jobs could be as easy as this one.  Took all of about 15 minutes, start to finish.  I had her find the exact star she wanted and printed it out to the size wanted.  Then I took the star and placed it on the door in about 6 different spots and took a picture of each position, and emailed her the photos and asked her to choose where she wanted it.  When I got the email back, I took the paper star and sprayed contact glue on the back and placed the star on the door.  I drilled five 3/8 inch holes at each inner point so that all I had to do was to cut each side of the stars without having to turn it on the jigsaw.  When I finsihed cutting it out, I took a router and gave the whole thing a slight round over and sanded the outer points to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment